Search for Hidden Apps on Your iPhone
- Jul 11, 2022
This is a common problem for almost all iPhone users. With numerous apps on your phone, you can’t find the one you need right now. If you have lost it from your Home screen or want to place it there, you need to read this simple guide. Your phone may hide the apps you’ve just downloaded from the store. If this happens, don’t worry, you can still sort the apps and place them just one tap away from you.
If the app has just recently disappeared from the screen, you have to check the App Library. You may have put it there by accident. You may also need to check whether the app is still there.
Best Ways to Find the App
You may start by checking any of the methods described below. If you want, you can use all of them for different apps. They don’t require any specific knowledge or years of experience.
Use the App Library to find all the missing apps. If you notice that the app is absent from your Home screen, go to the App Library. If the app is still on your iPhone, you can find it there. Here is what you need to do:
- Swipe to the left of your phone screen until you are a screen away from the Home page. There you will find the Library, which is made of folders and groupings;
- If you don’t notice that app you need, you can use the search. Tap the bat with the name App Library and the search icon with a magnifying glass on it;
- Now you have to remember the app’s name. Make sure you spell it correctly;
- If the app was not deleted from your phone, you would see its icon. To move it to the Home screen back, you have to hold the icon till you see the menu. There will be an “Add to Home Screen” option available;
- However, this option may be unavailable on certain occasions. Usually, it just means that you accidentally brought the app to the folder far from the Home page or that you have it on the hidden home page. You need to unhide it to be able to get it back. Yet, if you don’t see the app at all, prepare to redownload the app. You simply don’t have it on your device.
This is another method that you can use to find the app. This method is useful once all the apps have disappeared from the Home screen. Although it may sound hard, don’t worry! You will not be able to use App Library to restore all the apps you’ve had on your Home screen. It may happen accidentally, and you need to follow the next steps:
- Press the background of the Home screen you have. Hold it until you see the jiggling icons;
- Check the bottom of your screen. You will see the dots there, tap them;
- The Home screen pages will appear. If your Home screen is visible without the checkmark, you have found your problem. It means that this category is hidden;
- To restore all your apps on the Home screen, you need to press the empty circle under the icon;
- If you want to pick more categories there, put the tick to each empty window. Once you are done, just press Done in the right upper corner.
If you are too lazy to do anything manually, you can ask your assistant to help with it. You may ask Siri in case you have already checked the hidden Home pages and the App Library. If nothing works, try this method:
- Activated the searching process by swiping from the center of the screen down;
- Now you have to use the search field and type the missing app’s name there. Make sure you write the exact name of the app and not the one you used to call it;
- If this app is still on the phone, it will appear in the search. You will see the icon;
- If it has the iCloud symbol on it, it is still on the phone but has to be re-downloaded. Press the icon to do that. If you don’t see the icon, you have to go to the store and download it.
Find the App in No Time
Use these simple recommendations to bring the app to your home page. You will quickly restore the apps you’ve hidden. You can check out all three methods from the list.
Have you ever missed the app from the phone? How have you found it? Share your advice in the comments below.